2021-05-01 – We are hiring in Mittweida/Leipzig
In a strong and close collaboration between the University of Leipzig and Mittweida University of Applied Sciences, both in Germany, scientists are working on the analysis of medical data. The goal is to create and evaluate machine/deep learning models using clinical and image data in order to support early diagnosis according to rare disease family Leukodystrophy.
To support our team, we are looking for (young) talented computer scientists or from related disciplines to work on the following subjects
- Design and implementation of components of an infrastructure for distributed data analysis (Personal Health Train)
- Reasonable knowledge and experience in programming using programming languages Python, R, Java
- Creation and evaluation of machine/deep learning methods for the analysis of structured clinical and image data
- Application of machine/deep learning models to diagnostic support for the rare disease family Leukodystrophy
- Publication of research insights and results
- Relevant experience in information systems implementation, data modeling, and machine/deep learning model building
- Good knowledge of git / GitLab as well as current container technologies
- Interest in research
- Strong communication skills, analytical thinking
- Independent, result-oriented way of working, ability to work in a team
- English language skills (written / spoken); German is a plus but primarily not necessary
We offer a salary up to TV-L 13 (German payment system for public sector), which is roughly 50,000 to 60,000 Euro gross income per year. All applications received prior to May 15th will be given full consideration. The workplace is Leipzig, a beautiful mid-size city in the center of Germany that is located ca. 200 km in the south of Berlin, while the payment comes from Mittweida Univ. Appl. Science.
We welcome detailed application documents (application letter, CV, recent research focus, certificates, at least two references) using the reference number 026-2021. Please send this documents as (preferably one) PDF file via e-mail to email@example.com
Privacy statement is available under: https://www.hs-mittweida.de/newsampservice/datenschutz.html. The legal basis for the processing of personal data from the application is §11 Abs. 1 SächsDSGS i. V. m. DS-GVO.